Title: Sr. Business Development Analyst
Reports to: VP, Business Development
Location(s): Mississauga, ON
Status: Permanent Full-Time
ABOUT MIRAVO HEALTHCARE
Miravo is a Canadian focused, healthcare company with global reach and a diversified portfolio of commercial products. The company’s products target several therapeutic areas, including pain, allergy, neurology and dermatology. Miravo’s head office is located in Mississauga, Ontario, the international operations are located in Dublin, Ireland, and its manufacturing facility is located in Varennes, Quebec. As a fully integrated pharmaceutical manufacturer, the facility offers expertise in the following areas: manufacturing, packaging, quality assurance, validation, quality control (including a microbiology laboratory) as well as logistics.
The Sr. Business Development Analyst supports the Company’s strategy to in-license and acquire growth-oriented, branded prescription pharmaceuticals for the Canadian market. The position identifies and develops company and pharmaceutical product leads that fall within the overall corporate business development strategy. In addition, the position provides initial commercial evaluations that inform the organization on the strategic fit, commercial value and valuation of the opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts secondary (and potentially some primary) research on new product candidates that have been identified by the BD Team, of which they are an integral part, including defining the target therapeutic area, direct and indirect competition, competitive pricing, and product differentiation compared to competition.
- Uses the results of primary and secondary research to assist in further evaluating sales and marketing data, generating insights, and making forecasting recommendations by creating business models that directly inform investment decisions.
- Identifies networking opportunities with new companies/targets at various industry partnering conferences including BIO Europe Spring and BIO International.
- Provides ad-hoc support to other functional departments, including the International Business Development and Alliance Management team based in Dublin, Ireland.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting adverse events (AEs) associated with Miravo products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Business or Marketing
- 3-5 years of related experience/ pharmaceutical/healthcare Industry experience in Canada preferred
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to read and create income statements
- General understanding of business valuation concepts and how they are used in decision making
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel (complex workbook models)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work well independently as well as in a team environment
- Self-directed and driven to accomplish goals and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple tasks/priorities
- Positive attitude and able to navigate a changing environment
- Excellent time and project management skills
- High degree of ethical behaviour and respect for confidentiality
Qualified candidates may submit their resume with cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.