Title: Territory Sales Manager (3 positions)
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager/ or Sr. Manager – Sales & Trade
Location(s): Toronto East, Sudbury, and Ottawa
Status: Toronto East (permanent full-time), Sudbury (12-month temporary contract), Ottawa (12-month temporary contract)
ABOUT MIRAVO HEALTHCARE
Miravo is a Canadian focused, healthcare company with global reach and a diversified portfolio of commercial products. The company’s products target several therapeutic areas, including pain, allergy, neurology and dermatology. Miravo’s head office is located in Mississauga, Ontario, the international operations are located in Dublin, Ireland, and its manufacturing facility is located in Varennes, Quebec. As a fully integrated pharmaceutical manufacturer, the facility offers expertise in the following areas: manufacturing, packaging, quality assurance, validation, quality control (including a microbiology laboratory) as well as logistics.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) is accountable for generating sales, market share and profitability results for an assigned territory. This will be achieved through the building of appropriate relationships with / and calling on targeted healthcare professionals (HCP’s) while promoting / detailing assigned products in order to achieve territory sales objectives, as well as gathering field intelligence and collaborating with marketing and medical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages relationships with targeted key influencers and applicable centers/clinics to promote awareness and educate these professionals of Miravo products and services and outline clinical benefits for product recommendation.
- Accountable for achieving territory sales targets and objectives as a contribution to the region.
- Implements CHE (Continuing Health Education) programs within assigned territory and prepares post CHE weekly/monthly reports.
- Ongoing territory management and administration.
- Reports on key metrics as required, e.g. sales successes/challenges.
- Enters client calls and relevant customer information in a timely manner.
- Maintains key contact lists of Physicians, Pharmacists and other relevant healthcare providers.
- Collaborates with medical, marketing, and other team members regarding territory insights, field intelligence, and idea sharing to achieve results.
- Develops a clear understanding of the relevant therapeutic areas, products and competition.
- Attends trade shows/conferences as needed.
- Adheres to all relevant policies, procedures and legislation while operating within specified expense budgets.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting adverse events (AEs) associated with Miravo products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (Science, Business)
- 3-5 years of Sales experience
- Previous experience in a pharmaceutical environment is an asset
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent organizational, time and territory management skills as demonstrated by prioritizing detailing schedule based on potential return on investment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and experience building strong relationships with key points of contact within a territory, as well as inside the organization
- Demonstrated skills in making professional presentations and facilitating education seminars
- Excellent technical aptitude and the ability to conduct disease/concept selling
- Exposure to scientific environment and ability to discuss matters within a scientific context
- Consistently demonstrates over-achievement of sales objectives
- Strong bottom-line orientation, consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals and knows the competition to guide tactics and strategies
- High level of self-motivation and proven ability to work as a home-based sales professional
- Positive attitude and able to navigate a changing environment
- High degree of ethical behaviour
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must live within territory
- Valid driver’s license is required
- Ottawa territory – must be fully bilingual (French/ English)
Qualified candidates may submit their resume with cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title/ territory preference in the subject line.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.